LOOKING TO HIRE!
We can help.
Finding and hiring new employees can be a challenge. We offer free Employment Services to help reduce the risks and challenges of hiring.
All our services for employers are available free of cost. Services are tailored to meet employers' unique hiring needs. Our goals are based on your hiring success. Contact us today to learn how we can help grow your business.
FREE Employment Services for Local Employers:
Up to six months of WAGE SUBSIDY to offset your hiring and training costs
Free Job Posting Services
Pre-screened applicants for your job openings
Hiring Fairs tailored to your company’s hiring needs
Job Development and Job Coaching services
Job start supports for your newly hired employees (bus tickets, work gear etc.)
Let us assist you:
- Surrey Whalley WorkBC Centre: (604) 584-0003
- Surrey Guildford WorkBC Centre: (604) 580-9740
The WorkBC Wage Subsidy program is an opportunity for employers to re-hire laid-off employees, hire new employees and connect with WorkBC clients looking for work experience and job opportunities.
The WorkBC Wage Subsidy program offers an opportunity to employers by:
- Covering a portion of employee wages
- Providing disability supports to reduce work-related barriers for an employee
- Re-hiring/recalling laid-off employees
The program offers benefits to job seekers with:
- Paid work experience opportunities
Possible long-term employment options
Subsidy rates depend on an individual’s situation. Get in touch with us for more information about the Wage Subsidy program.
To meet the requirements of the wage subsidy program, the employer must:
- Provide the employee with approximately 35 hours per week, full-time employment with the potential of long term attachment
- Provide on-the-job training, support and supervision as needed to gain skills
- Have WorkSafe BC account in good standing
- Complete a signed agreement PRIOR to hiring an employee
Community and Employer Partnerships (CEP) foster networks of community organizations and employers across B.C. The purpose of these partnerships is to work together to address labour market issues and increase employment opportunities for unemployed British Columbians. This mutually benefits all stakeholders while building a strong, healthy community. Click here to read more.
What do employers have to say about WorkBC services? Read about how WorkBC helped their company in hiring the best people for the jobs.